So, while the design concept is not original to me, the finished product is. The plans, while a wonderful head start, were too big for the space in which the table would go. So I did some quick math, and got creative. I eliminated the center support post, and added feet to give it some extra height.
I'm becoming a big fan of the two-tone look, like the rocking chair I re-finished for Campbell. So, I did that for this one too. Although you absolutely cannot tell from the crappy photos, it turned out great (in my not-so-humble opinion) and looks like something you could get at Pottery Barn.
I wont waste your (and my) time by going into the building details, because you can just click on the Ana White link above for instructions. With that said, here's how it turned out.
Editor's Note: These pics were taken with my iPhone camera, and are one very small step above being completely useless. My phone might as well have given me the finger when I tried to take these pics. In an effort to edit them to be somewhat respectable, I blurred the background. It was an epic fail on many levels and I will try my best to use our actual camera in the future.
|Stained top with raw wood base, before painting|
|Another view before the paint job|
|The table top, with and without Minwax Early American stain|